Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Thankful

I am glad that:

-I can listen to music at work. I currently enjoying The Decemberists "The Crane Wife", which I received for Christmas from a good friend. I have really liked The Decemberists for a long time, but, for some odd reason, I have never owned one of their CD's. What is up with that? Well, now I have a good one and it will make me just buy another.
-I can take bathroom breaks anytime. This means I can get water anytime I want to as well. Sometimes these breaks will turn into adventures where I walk around the offices and find places I have never been to. The other day I went up to the fourth floor where I had been a few times before. The only way up to the fourth floor is by taking the stairs. Today I am going to go up there again because the fourth floor is a GIANT room that runs the whole length of one half of the offices. There are no walls or anything, just shelves and shelves of junk. Sometimes the junk is too large to fit on a shelf and I swear I saw a rocket ship up there one time.


Sorry, just took a bathroom break. As I was saying, I can take bathroom breaks anytime, so many times these bathroom breaks are just a way to do some reading. I don't actually need to use the restroom, I just go into a stall with a book (usually a comic book hidden in a work folder) and read for awhile. I have no idea how long I was just gone, but I did read about half a trade paperback called Bone. (I highly recommend reading Bone by Jeff Smith, I believe, if you have the chance.)
-They haven't blocked Gmail. If it weren't for Gmail Chat, I wouldn't be the man I am. I wouldn't have experienced the experiences I have experienced. I know this is hard to believe and it sounds stupid, but it is really quite true. #1 I would be absolutely frick'n crazy if I didn't have this communication outlet. #2 I wouldn't have been able to become great friends with a supportive friend. #3 I wouldn't have learned about how I love and hurt. I am speaking of the Boston Breakup. If you don't know what that is, then ask me sometime. #4 I think #1 is really big enough it needs to be listed again.
-I enjoy the winter. I love skating and sledding and skiing and that is incredibly important when you live in a place where winter weather makes up a good portion of the year. I like getting other people excited about these things too because a lot of people tend to shut down during the winter. There is a lot of beauty out there, so let's get out there and check it out. You will just have to wear a few more layers than you may like...
-That I am going to lunch. I am starving.

~tj

1 comment:

ks said...

The Decemberists... yay! "The Crane Wife" is a great album, but after you have listened to that about 20 million times, I'd recommend trying out "Her Majesty" or "Picaresque" - both are excellent. I've been on a big "Billy Liar" and "Los Angeles, I'm Yours" kick for the last few months... both are songs from "Her Majesty."

Also, I enjoy what you wrote about your bathroom-time being used for reading. I have long wanted to assemble a zine of honest stories of what everyday people do to avoid work. Even from my circle of friends, I've heard some hilarious accounts. Seriously the lengths some of us go to... wow. :)