Thursday, January 8, 2009

Please...just move.

I like old people. Mostly I like to talk to them and listen to their interesting stories.

I don't like old people. Mostly I don't like it when they drive.

Yesterday I went to the grocery store in order to buy some lunch supplies for here at work. I went to the store at about 1:10pm on a Wednesday afternoon. Let me tell you...there were SO many old people there. It was like they were having an old people convention in the grocery store. I actually walked in behind an old woman who, with her grocery cart, took two steps into the actual store, stopped (blocked everyone from entering) and looked around like she had no idea where she was, what she needed, or how she had gotten there.

At first I felt bad, but then I thought about it. She drove to the store. I know this because I saw her set off her car alarm when she tried to lock her car. She knew she was in a grocery store because she stopped to grab a grocery cart. The point is, she knew where she was and she knew how she got there.

Is there some age at which they require a retest for your driver's licence? If there isn't, there should be. I mean, if this lady forgets in the two second between grabbing a cart and walking through one of those security devices (what the heck? do they put magnetic things on our food to alert those devices?) where she is at...MAYBE she shouldn't be driving a large killing device aka a car?

Just be aware...the old people...they are out in droves during the weekdays at lunch time. Watch out. They don't want to tell you stories...they just want to annoy you.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

be afraid...be VERY afraid...

chewingmedulla said...

We.
Want.
More.
Blogs.
Please.

- your fans