Thursday, February 5, 2009

Welcome back...

Well, first off, it has been awhile since I have written anything here. The number one reason for this is because two people were laid off in my department and I volunteered to do all of their work. So far, that has been going well, but there are still times (right now) where I have nothing to do. The other reason I haven't written anything in awhile is because, well, I just haven't had much to say. I have thought much about what to write but nothing comes to mind. I think my creative juices are running low. I blame the economy.

Here are some things that I should tell you about.

I have a beard. It is going on medium to large in the Todd beard scale. I still don't think it is as big as the beard I grew when I was playing Shylock, but it is getting there. I think the main thing that it unusual about my beard is that I have not trimmed my moustache. This is an experiment to see what I would look like if I were lost in the wilderness. Speaking of being lost in the wilderness, I had a dream the other night that I was locked out of my house and I couldn't get anywhere else. My choice in the dream was to burrow under the pile of leaves that is covered with a pile of snow in our backyard. This probably wasn't the best choice because I imagine it would be very wet under there. Warm, but wet. Don't be wet in the cold. You will die. Don't sweat, don't fall in a river, don't pee your pants. Just don't get wet. Anyway, I woke up and was fine in real life, so it doesn't matter. I didn't wet my bed, that's the important part.

Candy. It is delicious. I like it a lot, but I have been thinking about the amount of candy I eat. There is a lot of candy at the office and I am bored, so that means I eat a lot of candy. I decided to not eat any candy at work because I remembered that, as a kid, I didn't eat much candy and I was alright with that. When I DID get candy it was pretty awesome, so I think I want to get back to that in my life. Plus I am almost 30 and I can tell my metabolism is slowing down because I am getting a bit of a belly...which is weird for me. I suppose I should start doing some more exercises other than just hockey but I have just never been able to get excited about that.

There was one other thing that I wanted to write here, but I sure can't remember what it was. Perhaps if you remind me, I will write about it. Yes, I suppose that this is my 'sneaky' way of asking for a prompt, but you may like what comes out of it.

~t

2 comments:

chewingmedulla said...

Supper.

Garden?

I need prompts, too.

Kyle Mulford said...

hummingbirds
lemon drops
roller coasters of love

.....not particularly in that order.