Monday, May 11, 2009

I love office life.

Okay, I am gonna try and lay this out so you all can understand this.

I am leaving this job in September to go to South Korea, which you know if you have been reading this blog lately, if you haven't...1. get caught up 2. sorry to spring this on you.

I let my employer know pretty early because I wanted to allow them enough time to train someone in to do my job and also because my new employers would be calling my current employers to do a background check. I figured this was the good thing to do.

Now, every fiscal year (from August to August for us) we get three weeks of paid vacation. I was curious if I would be getting paid for this three weeks of time or if it would just 'dissolve' when I left. My supervisor said to me, "It will just go away, so you better use it up. I know I would", so with that information I started thinking about what I would do for three weeks in August. Of course I will need some of that time to move my stuff to a storage space and then to say goodbye's to people as well. This would be perfect!

Today I find out that I get ten hours of vacation since I am leaving in September.

Ten.

Ten does not equal three weeks.

So, it ends up this way...it would have been MUCH better for me to just plan three weeks for vacation in August, come back to work for a week, tell them I was quitting, and then left. What. The. Crap? Sooooo apparently I would have been rewarded for being a total butt.

Gosh, I sure do love working here.

No comments: