Thursday, September 25, 2008

Heeeeeerrrre we gooooo....

Ok. I'm gonna give this a shot. It seems interesting and who knows, it may be fun too. Heck, I don't know if anyone will read it or, if they do, if it will be at all entertaining because I am not the greatest writer ever. We will see though. Please comment all you would like. I am always looking for something to read while I am at work.

And that is where I start. My work.

It's lame. I sit at a computer all day, I think a lot about things that are not work related, and I spend a lot of time on the internet. The internet part is odd because, as I have explained to some of my friends, I did not have the internet (for real) until I went BACK to college in 2004. When I was in school in Iowa, we didn't have the internet. Yeah, I know that makes me sound like an old man talking about this new fangled information carrying magic tube device, but it is true...we didn't have it! Now, feel free to insert any and all Iowa related jokes here. In fact, take a few shots at my age if you care to. I mean, this blog should be fun for everyone, right? Anyway, having the internet at my fingertips is a bit odd. I don't really know what to do with it all. I basically read the same things everyday and check the same comics everyday. All in all, the internet can be interesting, but mostly a waste of time. A friend of mine once had a great hypothosis that the internet, for as time saving its email and what is, actually ends up wasting MORE time than if we didn't have it. I tend to agree. However, if it weren't for the internet, I wouldn't be doing this blog, I wouldn't be able to quickly email my friends about events, I wouldn't know how to make a 3-D dinosaur cake, and I wouldn't be able to chat with any of my friends on Gmail Chat. (Gmail Chat has been a lifesaver and the only reason I am able to survive my days here at the office.) The other thing that has helped pass the time is listening to the radio online. Oddly enough, I spend most of my day listening to sports radio KFAN 1130am. This is odd because...I am not really a huge sports fan. Now, I LOVE hockey. I mean, hockey, to me, is really the best thing about cold. (Well, that a blankets and movie watching and hot drinks (hot apple blast!) and sledding) I like to watch hockey, I like to play hockey, and I really like living in the State of Hockey, Minnesota. Spreaking of hockey, my favorite team is the Minnesota Wild and I recently had the wonderful chance to be their first ever mascot. It did not work out in the end, but I made it all the way to the last round of only 6 people. 6 all the way down from 60 isn't bad. In the end, I should have spent more time skating on the ice for the audition rather than just playing with the kids they had there. Oh well, it was a mistake and I can't change that now. Back to listening to online radio. Long story short...they have recently blocked ALL radio stations at work. All. Seriously, do they REALLY need us to be mindless robots at work? I mean, I am still going to listen to something at work, but now I am going to do it with even MORE hatred for them in my heart than before.

Here is one more example of why I hate where I work:

My supervisor recently sat down with me to tell me that this job wasn't important enough to me. Now this is true, but she then told me that this job needed to be my life. .... Really?! My life? How sad is that? Well, I will tell you; it's pretty frick'n sad.

Wow...on a compLETEly different note: my friend just messaged me and told me that "the U of I calendar of events in the handbook handed out to thousands of students has a Black History Month Lunch and Learn.only in the handbook it is printed: Black History Month Lynch and Learn". Whoops.

Obviously this post will be longer than the normal post because I am getting you all caught up with what is up. I am sure this isn't necessary, but you never know who will start to randomly read these sorts of things. I hope you come back again. Have a nice day.

2 comments:

chewingmedulla said...

The interweb is a terrible, wonderful place where I never get any work done but I know that occasionally, accidentally, I learn some things.

Three of the best things about the internaut in my life are Gmail related, also:
1. I had someone awesome to talk to when things where going up in flames at my old job (thank YOU, sir).
2. I'm getting to be friends with a really cool girl that I always wanted to be friends with, just as she moved to my old haunts in NY.
3. I'm able to make sure, at least every few months, that my best friend in Japan is alive and well, because otherwise... I'd just have to wish and hope that he'd come home someday and still remember me.

Yer job sux. I kick them in the nads.

chewingmedulla said...

P.S. kevtronics.blogspot.com