Monday, September 29, 2008

Take me out to the black...

I like imagining things. I really do. I like making things up in my mind and creating things from those imganings. It passes the time and makes me feel a bit more free when I am trapped in the cube here at work, driving in traffic, or sometimes when I am just in a foul mood.

This is part of the reason that I am enjoying the time I am spending with some of my friends playing a little role playing game (RPG) based in the world of the Joss Whedon cancelled TV series, Firefly. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Firefly_(TV_series) For those of you familiar, please read on. For those of you not familiar...STOP...go find this TV series on DVD and watch it...completely...non-stop...and then you should continue reading. (really? cowboy/smugglers in space and you HAVEN'T seen this yet? come on!)

So yes, we have tried to get together every week and play a little and it has been very fun. Lots of great characters and dedication to those characters (even if it means getting in a lot of fights with your own crew). So far we have killed a lot of folks and even turned a little bit of a profit. Our game master is one of my favorites and his imagination is something to be reckoned with, as I am sure we will find out soon enough.

Another thing I have been imagining a lot about lately is escaping on another adventure. I recently got to run away to Colorado, land of mountains and trees and lakes and snow and cool air and delicious food, but now I have the itch again. Duluth may be in the cards before the snow happens. On the other hand, I have never seen Duluth in the snow, so it could be pretty awesome...but colder.

Oh, also...I went to Wendy's the other night and was immediately asked if I would be interested in a fresh, tastey Baconator. I declined.

No comments: