Friday, September 26, 2008

Indoor rainstorms

Day two in the...what do the kids call it?...blogosphere? Whatever.

Last night I had rehearsal for the new improv troupe that I am going to try and start up. We are called Delusions of Grandeur (DoG for short) and we already have a show booked. Pretty sweet, huh? It will take place the first Friday of every month which puts this show on the 3rd of October at 7pm at this place: http://www.janinescoffeehouse.com/

It should be a lot of fun. In fact, that is idea behind this group, just have a good time with improv. I still would like to do some more stuff with T-Rex Force or Man Secret or whatever the other group I am in is called, but things are a bit busy for some of the members of that group.

Okay. Well, I am sure that was boring for everyone to read. On to the REAL story of this morning.

While I was outside rehearsing with DoG, one of my room mates came out of the basement saying that we had a leak and that water was going everywhere. At first I didn't pay too much attention since I was in the middle of a scene, but as time went on and more and more of my room mates ran downstairs, I decided that I should probably go and take a look at what was happening. I excused myself and made my way into the basement. I as came down the stairs, I looked to the right where all three of my room mates were scrambling to grab buckets and any other containers they could in order to catch the water that was pouring through the floorboards in the basement. At the same time, water was leaking on the outside of the house were the hose was at, so I ran out to shut it off. I came back and noticed that this water was coming from directly below the tub where a guest was taking a shower. Now, lately we have had the distinct pleasure of showering in some standing water because of a slow drain. While this is a little gross, it is only mildly inconvenient...until now. I am assuming that the tub filling up with water and the drain was so plugged that the water found its way along the bottom of the tub and then start pouring out through the floor in the basement. This meant that it was time for me, as the handyman, to clean out the drain of the tub. I began to take apart the plumbing of the drain sequence and found the block. Now, I wish I could describe to you all what I found in there, but there are a couple of reasons I can't: #1 I am not a very good writer #2 There are no human words that would describe the abominations that I pulled out of that place. By the end of the night our tub was draining much more quickly and hopefully we won't be having any water raining down into the basement.

Earlier during the week, in a different area of the basement (thankfully) I had completed the new Star Wars: Force Unleashed game for Xbox 360. All in all, I really enjoyed it. I'm glad I bought it because I am already starting to play through it again for a second time. The story is pretty good and does a great job of expanding and adding pieces of Episodes 4, 5, and 6 in the Star Wars saga. The voice acting is top notch and the 'acting' done by the characters in the game is actually quite good. The graphics are pretty great and the new physics engines that are used are pretty incredible. You can tell that if the game makers had more time and money that they would have used the engines on pretty much everything in the game, but right now only most of the things in the game have it applied to them. This means that while I blow through set of GIANT steel doors, I can't blow over a tiny tree. However, the items and places that DO have these engines applied to them are just awesome. Just plain awesome. Bending girders, throwing TIE fighters, blowing threw those doors I mentioned before, ripping apart metal cages, shattering glass, and using force lightning on mouse droids makes you feel like the coolest, most powerful, evil person in the world...but really, that droid had it coming.

Also, on the horizon for games, Fallout 3 comes out on October 28th. I can't really get started on talking about this game because I am already too excited for my own good for it, so why make it worse for myself by talking about it here? Just know it will be just incredible.

You know, I can't really think of anything else to say at this point and glancing back at what this has been so far today, it looks kind of boring. But hey, I am sure I will write something interesting at some point, right? I guess if you are still reading this after all of that, congrats to you. I should buy you a drink or perhaps share an appetizer with you sometime. I would like that very much.

Have a nice day and a good weekend if I don't have a chance to write during the weekend.

(oh, and don't let me forget to mention something about the RPG that I am participating in right now, the next time I write)

2 comments:

lisa said...

how many roommates do you have now, like, 50?

d.eal said...

What's a basement? =\