Monday, October 6, 2008

Too bored to be bored

So. I enter orders that come into this company via fax. Today our fax machine was down...all day, so when I say I didn't do anything today...I really mean that. Why did I have to stay here all day? The world will never know. How stupid was today? Stupid enough for me to be SO bored that I am not taking time to write anything here until the END of the day. Beyond boring. So bored that I was too tired by being bored to even do anything. Does that make sense or has the boredom made me drunk?

It was so boring that the guy you normally talks constantly behind me, didn't say much. As evidence, here is a log I kept on Friday of what happened behind me.

11:31
Him: Do you get emails from Donna Smith?
Me: Yes
Him: She puts smiley faces on them.
Me: ...
Him: Like those...what are they?...emoticons?
11:32
All those years I wasn't working here I didn't know what I was missing.
11:34
I think the jalapeno is in the sauce.
11:34:30
It's got some kick to it.
11:39
Oh man! *mumble, mumble, mumble*
11:44
You could go with the old no arms no legs joke...call her Ilene.
11:59
I'm gonna be bacheloring tonight.
11:59:10
Egg drop soup. I'll have that tonight. Helps fight a cold.
11:59:40
Gotta go talk to Julie. Credit card order...has...*mumble, mumble*...credit card order...*mumble*
12:04
Pepperidge Farms. They make good cookies.
12:06
(He talk to a co-worker about Wayne's Pizza. He retold the entire story he told her, then told the story of when he told her. Too much was said for me to write down)
12:09
That A&W root beer hit the spot. They make the best root beer.
12:10
Don't go home. Go to the park...It's a little cool out there.
12:12
I think I will call this lady.
12:18
Put roller skates on her.
12:18:20
I could go home and get my roller blades and we could push her around.
12:48
I should have talked my girlfriend into waiting one week for that Duluth trip.
1:10
Hey Todd. What percentage of people dress up here for Halloween?
1:12
(As I am clearly up to walk to get prints) I had the weird idea of being a post-op transsexual.
1:13
I had friend in college and he dressed up like Betelgeuse and he took all the clothes out of dad's closet. (pause. pause.) It was cool.
1:15
So Todd....you said you won trophy? (paaaaaauuuussssse) Can I see it? (wanders into my cube)

LUNCH

So yeah...there is an idea of how crazy this dude is.

Cheers.

3 comments:

d.eal said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
d.eal said...

I think your neighbor is actually Andy from The Office. *ri-dit-dit-doh* "Give me the beat boys and free my soul, I wanna get lost in your rock and roll and drift away-e-ay!" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JScAx0moZbk

ks said...

Do you work in a cubicle environment? I do... and I think that the faceless, disembodied nature of random comments like these really adds something. Conversational desperation for our caged selves. I'm glad you had the fortitude to record this.