Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Return of the Jedi

If you have read the blog from the beginning, then you know that I have been playing Star Wars: Force Unleashed on Xbox 360. If you haven't been reading since the beginning, well, now you know. (perhaps you should take a look back at the things you have missed in the past...perhaps not...it's really up to you)

The reason I bring this up again is because it has rekindled my Star Wars love. Yeah, I love Star Wars. I have had the pleasure of being in two productions of this fantastic play called Hamluke which is Star Wars and Hamlet put together. It is just RIGHT up my alley, so it has worked out really well for me. Like I said, I have had the pleasure of being in two of the three productions of this show and it is a blasty-blast...hopefully the next time we do it will be at a Star Wars convention!

Anyway, the point being, there are things that once in awhile awake my inner Jedi. Hamluke is one of those things and now Star Wars: Force Unleashed is another. As a younger person I would spend large chunks of time with my best friend playing Star Wars customizable card games and listening to the soundtracks from all the original movies over and over and over again. Heck, I would play the game by myself I liked it so much. I have always been a fan of Star Wars, but I seem to go from liking it a lot to LOVING it. Right now, I am loving it.

In honor of this spring of Jedi love, I will try to make a list of things a Jedi should NOT use his powers for. A friend and I have talked a little about this, so I hope I can remember some of them that we came up with.

Things a Jedi should NOT do with the Force:

1. Flying. The Force can be used to improve the distance of your jumps, but should not allow you to levitate at any time. One addition: Darth Vader should never jump OR fly.
2. Make the dead your little puppet. You should never use the Force to move a dead body around in order to scare someone or make them laugh (or whatever else you can come up with in that crazy head of yours). The dead should not move. One stipulation: if you are being attacked by zombies go ahead and throw those rotting corpses against a wall or pop their heads off.
3. Use your mind powers to 'romance' a person. I think this one is pretty self-explanatory.
4. Household chores. Don't be lazy. Plus it would look super lame if you were levitating the poop out of the cat box or spraying that cleaning solution on the window.
5. Eating. Pick up that cheeseburger with your hands, not the force. One stipulation: if a werewolf is attacking you, you can pick up that real silverware (you know? that stuff you got from your mother-in-law as a wedding present?) with the Force and throw it.
6. Playing a musical instrument. Trust me, you will look SOOO much more awesome just playing that accordion.

That's all I have for now. If you have any to add, leave a comment. I would love to hear them.

Later. Thanks for reading.

PS The trees look pretty outside.

1 comment:

Kyle Mulford said...

Also never use your "mind powers" to make others do your homework for you.....if you don't do it yourself, you will never learn. (Unless it's a class that means nothing in your future endeavors)

Things you CAN use the force for:
Picking your nose.....then you will never have to worry about getting caught in the act. :)