Friday, November 21, 2008

4 people + 1,000 zombies =


Left 4 Dead. This game is supposed to be the best, newest multi-player game on the the Xbox 360 and PC. I downloaded the demo for the game on Xbox Live and my friend has purchased it for his PC. I think we both agree that this game is at its best when played with a friend (or three). It makes all the situations that much more intense and fun and scary, and you just can't beat hearing everyone scream all at once when a horde of zombies comes your way. When my friend and room mate sat down to play through a bit of the demo she whispered, "I have never seen anything like that. The zombies are so...agile!". This is completely true. The game shows zombies running...no...SPRINTING towards you, climbing over fences, and vaulting from rooftop to rooftop in pursuit of the main characters. I don't know the whole story behind the game since I have only played the demo, but some of the zombies have completely mutated and have developed some 'extra powers'. Basically this makes for a variety of zombies, but the majority of them are still your regular 'ol brain crave'n ladies and gentlemen.

At one point during out adventure, BT and I were creeping through a house trying not to make too much noise (the zombies will hear you and attack suddenly). I saw a door over to the left of us and asked BT to please close that door so the zombies wouldn't sneak up behind us, which she did. I then continued on as BT followed a little behind me. Suddenly, from behind us, our two other members (AI controlled characters) start screaming and yelling and gunshots are heard echoing down the hallway. We both quickly turn around to run towards them only to run into the door being broken down, a la The Shining, by a horde of zombies. We start to shoot through the hole in the door and suddenly another horde of undead bodies piles towards us from another area. We are surrounded and shooting wildly. Luckily we are playing on easy because I am pretty sure I nailed BT in the head a few times with the shotgun in an effort to stop the zombies from taking her down. All this happens as we both are yelling and screaming about zombies and how many there are and how we need help and we are going to die. *pant, pant, pant* (Look around. No more zombies...for now.) And that was about the 10-15 minutes of game time that we had before we had to go to rehearsal. ummm...will the rest of the game be this awesome? I think so. I haven't even gotten into the fact that you can play as one of the zombies! How cool is that!? Imagine playing with your friends...four zombie players vs four human players. I am not sure how this all works out since I haven't been able to try it, but I imagine it has to be pretty darn awesome.

2 comments:

chewingmedulla said...

braaaaaaaiiiiiins

Anonymous said...

Finallllllllllls Weeeeeeeeeeeek.