Monday, November 3, 2008

The Challenge

Well, the challenge has been laid down and I am accepting it. Write something everyday for the next three weeks. I was doing really well at writing daily, but it seems to have fallen behind for one reason or another.

1. Our servers at work have been just horrific. This means, as stated in previous blogs, that I can't do any work. What's so bad about that? I still have to sit here. What's worse than that? The fact that the internet can't be accessed during these times, so I am literally just sitting here...staring at a screen.
2. It has been somewhat busy for me at work because I am helping people with their computers. I seem to have a basic knowledge of how to create a folder on a desktop and suddenly I am the IT guy for our department or something. Whatever, at least I get to stand up and walk around once in awhile.
3. I have been spending most of my free time at work, when we actually have the internet, to try and find a new job. My friends keep sending me ideas and opportunities they see that may interest me and I immediately apply. It has gotten to the point where I hardly even read what the job is...I just apply. Thanks to those friends and please, continue this....heck, if you are reading this and would like to join the mission Get Todd A New Job....feel free. I would like it.
4. I haven't had much to say lately. I have been quiet in my life as of late. I guess I just don't have much to say. I hope that is OK.
5. I have a lot on my mind that isn't work related and I am starting to get busy with that stuff. "What stuff?" you may ask. Well, we started rehearsals for Christmas Carol Finale (CCF) and we have an improv show for Delusions of Grandeur on Friday night at 7pm (tell your friends and then show up with them!). So, I have been busy lately. However, I am still finding some time to read a LOT of comics. I haven't read so many comics since I worked at John's Total Entertainment. I have gotten my library card and am putting it to FULL use. I don't even know how many trade paperbacks I have been reading and I don't know how many I have checked out. I just know that I am loving it.

So yes. I will have to get past those things and just post something here every day for the next three weeks. Wish me luck and keep reading and commenting. It is really what keeps me coming back.

Have a good day.

1 comment:

chewingmedulla said...

I like doing something that is primarily for one's own edification/pleasure (writing about things on the internet without a particular fan base in mind) but still being moved to do it by the knowledge that someone (or someones) are out there, reading away, wanting more.

Challenge officially begun.