Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Wide open spaces.

I can't pee when someone is standing next to me at the next urinal. As soon as that toilet flushes though, I am golden...literally...well, usually clear but that is just cause I drink a lot of water. Yes, I am pee shy. I haven't really figured out why, but here is one possibility:

I just remembered that they didn't have stall doors on any of the toilets while I was in school in Hampton, IA. This means that every time that you had to sit down to do the big job in the bathroom, you were left exposed. No wonder no one liked to go to the bathroom in a public place, that experience will give you a complex. Yes, there were still stall walls, but no door, and for some reason, that seemed like a pretty important missing element to the whole bathroom experience...privacy. Also, they didn't have partitions between the urinals.

I thought, for a moment, that maybe this would have been helpful with my disability to use the restroom while in public. Like, it would have built up my immunity to being pee shy. I was wrong because, in my case, it just intimidated me enough to make it harder to use the restroom.

--------

"Nice haircut." A lady at work keeps telling me this. I know she has said it to me at least once since last week when she told me before. The thing is...I haven't gotten a haircut in a reeeeeally loooong time. I think the lady is crazy. Someone...please rescue me.

2 comments:

Kyle Mulford said...

you are not alone.

here are the "golden" rules of the public restroom:

http://www.estimated.com/html/urinal_rules.html

d.eal said...

*raises hand*

Me too. I can't squeeze a drop if someone is standing next to me. It feels like a challenge that I have already lost.