Monday, November 10, 2008

What has happened to me?

I used to think that the majority of people were good and nice and kind. Suddenly, I get this job, in this office, at this computer, and talking on this phone...and I really think that most people I speak to and get emails from are just plain horrible. (this means, JUST the people that are work related, not you lovely people who contact me during the day at work and keep me sane)

I don't like my job, but I could survive that if it weren't for how it is changing me. I am ultimately afraid of turning into a grumpy person because of this job. I am not a grump, but I find myself in a COMPLETELY sour mood every day because of this place.

There are so many things that I would do rather than work here. I have applied at the lowest paying jobs that I have applied for since high school. I want desperately to sell my car so that I can take a different job. Ideally I would just like it to blow up someday (while it is very far away from everyone) so that I can just get some money. I don't know how that works, but it could happen. Also, on that day, it will rain gumdrops and lollipops. Don't worry, I have a song prepared for that day and if you ask me to sing it to you the next time I see you, I will.

See? That's the kind of world I want to believe in. Right now, I just have to listen to cranky people talk about air filters and motors that suck or don't suck and how these people suck because they don't suck. Trust me, it is just as confusing and frustrating to me...heck, even more so probably.

Anyway, that was me venting a bit there. Come back later, I told you, I am making up for a weekend with no writing.

1 comment:

Au said...

I wait tables. I have this coworker who HATES CUSTOMERS WITH A FIERY RAGE. It's the most annoying thing ever. I have to work with her for 10 hours straight once a week.

I still prefer it to my office job. Just sayin'. That shit is depressing.