Thursday, November 20, 2008

Stand up guy?

I was listening to the radio on my way to work today and someone on there was talking about someone guy that was a "stand up guy. He gives money to a charity..." then silence. Nothing more. Just "He gives money to a charity". That's it? That's all it takes? It was a celebrity they were talking about, but no one worth noting. The sad thing here is that seems to be what these celebrity folks think. That they can do whatever they want, whenever they want, to whomever they want as long as at the end of each month their name is mentioned as a charitable donor. This is not a blast at giving to charities at all, I think it is great and every little bit will hopefully help. However, I refuse to believe that it will INSTANTLY make you a better person. It is gonna take more than that you yuppie. I am not the be all end all of 'stand up guy guides', but i am don't think I am alone on this one. You have got to have a bit more on your resume than some random charity donations. It just really bothers me that these folks just throw some money at a problem then turn around and ignore the problem. Basically it just lets them live with themselves and their ridiculously lavish lifestyles.

On a different note: I like Saturday Night Live again. I used to dream of doing that show. That was my big goal. I should do more sketch writing, huh? And by more, I mean some.

1 comment:

Kyle Mulford said...

i wanna be a stand-up guy. can i just put in a dollar at the end of the year?

or maybe i wanna be a sit-down guy.....standing sucks.....gimme a recliner!